What is a Tarffic Cone?
Traffic cone are an essential part of any traffic scene. Whether they’re used to help regulate traffic flow or to warn drivers of potential dangers, traffic cones have a number of uses. Here are seven of the most common.
7 Uses of Traffic Cones
- Marking construction zones: Traffic cones are often used to mark areas where construction or maintenance is taking place, helping to alert drivers to the presence of workers and equipment.
- Creating detours: Traffic cones can be used to create temporary detours around accidents, road closures, or other incidents, helping to guide drivers safely around the affected area.
- Marking lane closures: Traffic cones can be used to mark off lanes that are closed due to construction or other reasons, helping to direct traffic into the remaining open lanes.
- Directing traffic: Traffic cones can be used to create temporary lanes or guide traffic around an accident or other incident, helping to keep traffic flowing smoothly.
- Marking pedestrian walkways: Traffic cones can be used to mark off areas where pedestrians are allowed to walk, helping to keep them safe from moving vehicles.
- Marking parking spaces: Traffic cones can be used to mark off individual parking spaces in a lot or garage, helping to ensure that vehicles are parked in the correct location.
- Marking off-limits areas: Traffic cones can be used to mark areas that are off-limits to vehicles or pedestrians, helping to keep people safe and prevent accidents.