Many countries have strict laws about wearing a seat belt while driving and India is not an exception. The road safety laws include heavier fines if the driver is found driving without putting on a seat belt. But why are seat belts so important while driving?
To understand the importance of seat belts while driving, read the following statistics on how seat belts help saving thousands of lives; and also how not putting them on resulted in immediate deaths.
Seatbelts Save Lives: Here’s The Proof
According to a survey conducted by Maruti Suzuki, 75% of vehicle users in India don’t wear seat belts leading to 15 deaths every day.
Ladwa Solutions Inc. is a pioneer in supplying traffic safety gear and other equipment. We understand the importance of seat belts and consider it safer than any other equipment. And, we have reasons to believe so. Read further to know why.
Another survey mentions that in 2016, 1.5 lakh people died in road accidents in India. Out of which 5,638 people died due to not wearing a seat belt.
The 2015’s report by Kahane mentions that if you put on seat belts in the front seat of a passenger car, you can reduce your risk of fatal injury by 45% and moderate to critical injury by 50%.
The same report mentions that seat belts used in a light truck can reduce your risk of fatal injury by 60% and moderate to critical injury by 65%.
These numbers clearly indicate that the seat belts are highly effective in saving lives in an automobile road crash.
Ladwa Solutions Inc. believes in taking precautions beforehand when it comes to driving. Read further and remember these important points regarding using seat belts.
5 Important Things to Know About Using The Seat Belts
Apart from the fact that seat belts save lives, here are 5 important things that you should know about seat belts:
- No other protection works as effectively as a seat belt in a crash. Seat belts can save you from aggressive, distracted, and impaired drivers. You are safe inside a car during a crash than being thrown out of the car, which can be fatal almost every time.
- Airbags cannot replace seat belts. Even though modern cars have airbags for every seat, it is always advisable to wear seatbelts. Because during the crash, you can get thrown into the opening airbag, which can turn fatal.
- It is important to wear the seat belts property across your body or it can hazardous than helpful.
- Check the belt’s fit before driving the car. A loose or extremely tight belt can fail to solve the purpose of saving you from any injury.
- Seat belts should be worn even by the babies and pregnant ladies. The crash can be as life-threatening for an unconstrained child and pregnant women as it can be for a driver.
Finally, seat belts play an important role in road safety. It is important to make it a priority than just something that has been dictated by law.
If you are looking for solutions for Road Safety and seat belt, then we at Ladwa Solutions Inc. are here to help you. Ladwa Solutions Inc. is a pioneer in the manufacture, supply, and export of Traffic Safety Equipment, Industrial Safety Equipment, Security Equipment, Barrication, and Retro-reflective signages.